The museum of the Origins of the Polish State in Gniezno
The Museum is an institution dedicated mainly to the heritage of the Polish Middle Ages and the history of Gniezno and its surroundings. Among the museum's attractions are archives, archaeological and art collections. Apart from interesting permanent exhibitions, the museum organizes a variety of temporary exhibits, presenting monuments from prehistory, pre-medieval and modern times up to the present.
An interesting proposition for lovers of new technologies is the museum's mobile app, which features the model of the early medieval settlement of Gniezno in 3D and AR technology.
It is situated on the Lech Hill at the Collegiate Church Street. The museum is located in the 18th century canons and was established in 1991. It takes care of exhibits of sacred art, including those from the cathedral treasury. The museum's collection includes the Chalice of St. Adalbert, the royal chalice, priceless reliquaries: St. Ursula, St. Barbara, a reliquary in the form of the cross of Jacob of Sienna, as well as a collection of coffin portraits, liturgical fabrics, wood carvings and primate souvenirs.
Railway roundhouse in Gniezno
Situated at Skladowa Street, it is one of the largest historic railway complexes in Europe. Its buildings were built in the period 1872-1945 and illustrate the history of rail transport. You can see here such objects as turntables for steam locomotives, a wooden coal crane, or a huge tap for refueling locomotives. Although the steam locomotives have left this place, you can still feel the spirit of the old railway here.
House of the Greater Poland Insurgent
Museum of Monuments of Technical Culture
It is located in the building of the former barracks at Wrzesinska Street. It is a newly established museum established by the Classic Veteran Motorcycle Club. The presented exhibitions are: Polish Sokół Motorcycles - glory and nostalgia, Garage - what is rust hidden in
and accompanying project: presentation from the series "Collections of Gniezno Inhabitants".
The museum is open every Saturday and Sunday weekend from 11:00 to 17:00, during the week the museum is open only for organized groups after prior arrangement by phone at 608 156 369.
fot. Leszek Nowak
Museum of the Provincial Hospital for the Nervous and Mentally Ill called "Dziekanka"
It is a place commemorating the history of the hospital. It contains documents showing the history of the facility, the fate of patients and employees, photos and works made by patients.
People interested in visiting are asked to make an appointment by calling (61) 423-85-00 ext. 512 on weekdays from 8.00 - 14.00.